A. There are probably more options in Washington D.C. for the type of career I want to pursue.
B. I wanted to take the opportunity spend more time with my birth-mom and her family (The Allens).
C. I didn't want to stay in Logan or Tooele.
D. I basically just needed to change it up.
So far things have been pretty good. I've been having a lot of fun with the fam. It's actually been a crazy week, because it has been snowing like crazy! It's funny to see how people act when it snows here. It's like the world is ending. The snowstorm we got last weekend was supposed to be the biggest since 1922. Rumors flew about how much snow we were going to get. I think we ended up with about 23 inches at our house. The kids have been out of school since Friday and there is a possibility they will have the whole week off, since we are expecting more snow tonight and this weekend. Pretty much everything closes down when it snows. So we've all just been chillin.
As you can see, my car will probably be stuck in front of the house for quite some time. It's even more buried now that we've dug the other cars out. The snow goes up to my knees...and there's only more to come!
I've been working for my birth-madre's husband while I try to find a good job. I should probably be trying harder, because that's one of the main reasons I came out here. (Refer to letter "A" above.) Of course, it probably doesn't help that the government has and will be closed until who knows when. George owns a business making software and computer stuff that I don't know one thing about. I've been "ingesting" tapes for the Army and the Navy. It's pretty legit. I think the best way to describe ingesting is to say that it means converting VHS tapes and putting the videos on them onto a hard drive. Needless to say...I've seen some pretty interesting stuff. But anywho...that's it for now. Hopefully someday it will actually stop snowing so that I can actually go to church, or institute, or anywhere to meet some new peeps! But I am content for now. Until next time,
Melinda Anne




No comments:
Post a Comment